Free – All Expenses Paid Conference Travel to Brazil!
Dear Colleagues and friends in forensic science, we want to let you know about a tremendous opportunity for young scientists (aged <36 years old) who are members of AAFS as student members, affiliates, trainee affiliates, or member to apply for an all expenses paid opportunity to attend the InterFORENSICS conference, in Brasilia the capital of Brazil, hosted by the Brazilian Academy of Forensic Sciences (BAFS), May 22nd to May 25th, 2017. The program celebrates the joining of BAFS as an associate Academy to AAFS in 2015, and this is the first pass in an effort to bring our organizations together.
This opportunity is jointly sponsored by the Brazilian Academy of Forensic Sciences and the Center for Forensic Science Research and Education. The details are all listed below and attached to this email is the template (http://interforensics.com/en/) at the YFS Scholarship tab halfway down the page, which must be used to submit the abstract for consideration. All abstracts must be received by March 31st, 2017 for consideration. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time (firstname.lastname@example.org) or you may contact one of the organizers, Joao Carlos Ambrosio in Brazil (email@example.com) directly.
The Scholarship consists of:
- Air tickets (coach) for the selected authors
- Hotel stay during the event
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the associated venue
- Free registration for the event
- Airport pick-up
- A student guide to the magnificent city of Brasilia
Rules of application
To apply candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be under 36 years of age on May 31st, 2017;
- Be an AAFS member (student, associate, trainee affiliate, or full member);
The Application Process
- All candidates must apply through the website of the event: http://interforensics.com/en/
- Applications must be submitted by March 31st, 2017.
- Papers from any field of the forensic sciences are eligible;
- Submissions must be written in either English or Portuguese.
- Submissions must be no more than 500 words.
The Selection process:
- All submissions will be reviewed by the AAFS Forensic Sciences Foundation who will pre-select 10 (ten) manuscripts for final consideration;
- The selected manuscripts will be evaluated by the Brazilian Academy of Forensic Sciences who will make the final selection of the two scholarship recipients;
The selected Young Scientists must prepare a 20-minute presentation on their paper to be delivered during the Scientific program of Interforensics.