Postmortem Interpretive Toxicology
Mar. 30, 2020 - Apr. 2, 2020
Science History Institute
Get Event Directions →
315 Chestnut St, Philadelphia PA
Tuition Cost: $1200Register Now
This course will address all aspects of the investigation of toxicological death from scene investigation, to the autopsy, analytical approach, and interpretation of results. Learn from dynamic faculty and internationally recognized leaders in the field: participate in Q&A sessions; submit case histories for open discussion; and network with fellow professionals.
Continuing Medical Education Credits will be available.
Presentation materials will be available a week prior to the start of the course on Box.com. We suggest these materials are downloaded and bring a laptop to the course so you may follow along with the lectures.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for forensic toxicologists, pathologists, and medical examiners.
Detailed Schedule Coming Soon
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmadynamics
- Cytochrome P450 and Drug Interactions
- Over the Counter Drugs
- Carbon Monoxide, Cyanide, and Hydrogen Sulphide
- Wine & Cheese Networking Reception
- CNS Stimulants
- Hypnotics and Sedatives
- Seizures and Anticonvulsants
- Acetaminophen and Aspirin Toxicity
- Clinical Forensic Testing: Ketoacidosis and Insulin
- Opiate and Opioid Related Fatalities
- Novel Psychoactive Substances
- Postmortem Alcohol Toxicology
- Heavy Metals Toxicity and Fatalities
- Pediatric and Geriatric Toxicology
- Postmortem Redistribution of Drugs
- Specimen Collection and Laboratory Testing
- Panel Discussion with Faculty
Travel and Lodging
Course participants are responsible for arranging their own travel and lodging arrangements.
The CFSRE has reserved a room block for attendees at a special rate of $239.00/night at the Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
Last Day to Book for Special Rate: Friday, March 6, 2020
The most convenient airport for this location is Philadelphia International Airport.